In this course you will have the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of how trauma affects your children’s behaviour; increased confidence to support your children who have experienced trauma; strategies for strengthening the relationship between you and your child and an awareness and sensitivity to the dynamics of trauma.
This course builds on the knowledge learnt in part 1, which covered what trauma is; the difference between single incident and complex trauma; the effects that trauma has on children’s development including the effects on the brain, body, learning, emotions and relationships.
In this section you have the opportunity to explore:
What it means to be trauma informed.
- What it means to be trauma informed.
- That healing happens through respectful relationship.
- The importance of supporting your child to feel safe.
- Ways to support emotional regulation in your child.
- The importance of keeping yourself regulated.
- Ways to discipline your child that are not punitive.
- The importance of time in and connection.
- The principles of Playful, Loving, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathic caring.