In 2018, 3043 people died by suicide. That is double the road toll and equals 8.3 deaths by suicide each day.
You can make a profound difference to a young persons life who may be having suicidal thoughts. This course aims to raise awareness and prevention of suicide.
Course content includes:
- Defining suicide.
- Why young people take their own lives.
- Possible warning signs a person is contemplating suicide.
- Risk factors and protective factors.
- Myths and facts about suicide.
- Responding to and supporting a child or young person at risk of suicide.