This course explores challenging behaviours of children and young people in care.
Children and young people in care often come from families where day to day routines is chaotic, parents lack general parenting skills, have little understanding of child development and often use inappropriate discipline, when they do discipline.
These children and young people may have also experienced abuse, neglect, trauma, and violence.
- What are challenging behaviours?
- Stages of child development and associated behaviours.
- Impact of trauma on behaviour and learning.
- Intellectual disabilities and autism.
- Causes and reasons for challenging behaviours.
- Strategies for managing challenging behaviours.
- Case scenarios.