Did you know that between 20% to 40% of girls and 10% to 15% of boys experience sexual abuse by the age of 16 years-old?
This course was developed to increase your understanding on how sexual abuse can impact on children and young people’s lives and to provide strategies for caring for a child or young person who has experienced sexual abuse.
The learning outcomes include:
- What sexual abuse is and isn’t.
- How child sexual abuse occurs.
- The effects of child sexual abuse.
- How to respond if a child discloses sexual abuse.
- What behaviors to expect and techniques to manage these behaviors.
- Case scenarios are explored.